Let's put some faces to the personalities

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The helmet is for your protection.

Attachments

• helmet.jpg
    helmet.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,322
Me and my Niece

44644_153390024672634_100000049115871_470093_5801882_n.jpg

Dad and I

27776_1225919063067_1681757389_426378_3422476_n.jpg

Me stirring the fire up

27776_1225927023266_1681757389_426398_2189026_n.jpg

Billy

The big dog and I, in our standard evening in front of the stove mode..

Attachments

• 10-18-09_1959.jpg
    10-18-09_1959.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,336
Adios Pantalones said:
Shari- that's really cool! It's ok if someone's in there twice as long as they're damn good looking.

Thanks for saying BK! Some day I hope to make my living playing with just mud and fire myself

Heh heh! I didn't think anyone would notice! :)

Oh no! More pictures! I might have to enlarge my original canvas!

Heading down to the lake with my paddling buddy.

Attachments

• Hootie on shoulders headed down to the lake.jpg
    Hootie on shoulders headed down to the lake.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 1,294
Most of you guys look so young, oh wait a minute I think that means I am old.

Don't be deceived oldspark, my paddling buddy is in kindergarten now.

oldspark said:

Since there are no photos of me (I controll the camera, you see!) here's the nearest photo we have of us working with wood.

Hubby, using a modified medical Hoyer lift - our version of a hydraulic lift for our splitter. :)

oak_2010_11_10.jpg

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
Warm in RI said:
Is -Katleen- really a super hot ski bunny masquerading as a chicken this year.

Al

:lol: definitely not posting another pic in case it shatters that myth

I wonder if you know my brother, or more likely, my brother's car. There can't be that many MOPAR junkies in RI.

Who is he and what does he drive? I've got lots of MOPAR friends so if I don't kow him, somone will.

oldspark said:

Ya, "mini-me" is in the 1st grade now. 60 pounder.
Hey, nobody said you had to throw up a recent pic.

me at work getting ready to fly off to Rochester, NY to fix an airplane that had its engine shut down uncommanded, it's a single so that is a BIG issue, just needed a new fuel control.

the other is my wife and I at Bearskin Neck, Rockport, MA celebrating our birthdays, she is 6 months pregnant there...

Attachments

• moi.jpg
    moi.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,192
  • rsz_1166294_180927088596583_100000378802082_526719_7343974_n.jpg
    rsz_1166294_180927088596583_100000378802082_526719_7343974_n.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 879
OK. A couple pics. A couple others have already been posted on this forum.

Mr. & Mrs. in 1962
Dennis-JudyCook6-30-62.gif

About 4 years ago.
DennyonGiro-3.gif

September, 2010 at Woodstock along with Vaughn, Lorin and Mike H.
Vaughn-Lorin-Mike-Dennis-Judy.gif

The last pic of me that I know of was ten years ago. And those ten years have not been kind to me. :red:

Attachments

• citizen picture.jpg
    citizen picture.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,457
Troutchaser said:
Hey, nobody said you had to throw up a recent pic.

About 35 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_1911.jpg
    IMG_1911.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,418
Here we are! My beautiful wife is the first pic and the second is at Salisbury Beach Campground, boys and I are off to the beach!! The third is me and my little guy in Yarmouth, MA @ Smuggler's Beach.

Cool thread, I love seeing the fellow burners!!

After so many hours spent here over the past two seasons it's nice to put a face to the words. :)

Attachments

• June 303.jpg
    June 303.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,413
  • July 169.jpg
    July 169.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 1,443
  • June 195.jpg
    June 195.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,423
My house.
Could not find a photo of me, but will take one this weekend and put it on this computer.

Attachments

• paradise.jpg
    paradise.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 1,425
~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
Like Shari, I'm usually the one taking the pics, but here's a "beach bunny" :lol: one from last summer.
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/671/p1050046s.jpg

and this one is for Warm in RI. My bro is named Scott and he lives in Portsmouth.
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2083/scottcar.png

I'm headed up to RI this summer. We should have a southern New England gathering.

Thanks for playing along Kathleen. I don't know your brother but I'm heading out to all I can eat Chinese buffet with the MOPAR gang tonight and I'll ask around about a Scott with a yellow Challenger convertible.

A gathering would be sweet. There a quite a few members from MA and Conn. and even a couple more from RI. Anyone else interested? Post up and we'll make it happen.

Webmaster said:
basswidow said:
Much like your regional car shows and Charger.com, I belong to several fishing sites that have get togethers "rodeo's" where people camp and fish. It's a great time. It's good to put a face and shake the hand of guys you've been on the forum with.

I was thinking for hearth.com, it would be interesting to have a get together to do some cutting and splitting. I know there's a ton of guys in Northern NJ, pocono's, and Hudson area of NY..

Who pays when someone gets hurt?
:cheese:

Actually, there is a little history of some very small Hearth.com meetups......buy, hey, anything more than one is an official party......

I always thought that a neat meetup would be at the Vermont Casting foundry for a tour........they previously offered that as something they were open to.

The only real semi-official get together was a fried turkey meeting at Gooses house - not so well attended, probably because in mid-summer everyone usually has something better to do.
We've also had some small meetups at various equipment shows - which are also located in the right places.....usually the ones put on by Northern Logger.
http://nefpexpo.net/
(not exactly close by this year - it's been in VT and elsewhere).

A few of us met at the Woodstock Soapstone plant in Sept of this year - they had a little party there. That is on the VT/NH border.

One persons backyard, it seems, is 8 hours away from anothers!

I was supposed to go to Goose's last year for his remodeling build off after he came home, but was unable to make it. I think the VC plant trip sounds excellent, with a cook-out to boot. I would like a reason to drag the wife and kids out to meet all the woodies. I would have liked visiting the Woodstock plant, but I was working a ton of overtime at a new UMASS Worcester job and had no time for online activities.

Count me in guys if you decide to organize something, great idea Al!

BrotherBart said:
The last pic of me that I know of was ten years ago. And those ten years have not been kind to me. :red:

Thanks for playing along Brother Bart. You look like some famous actor. The name escapes me. Now we just need Browningbar....

*-Kathleen-* , looks like that was you in your avatar last year, no? Same smile......

Status
Not open for further replies.