Let's see some wood!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Cow....that's a huge pile of wood...

...yeah that has to be a commercial, there has to be 70+ cords just in what we see.

Holy wood pile, Batman !!!

[quote author="bigdaddybry" date="[/quote]

now thats a woodpile!!!

Here is mine...between 9 and 10 cords. Lean-to is 10' x 19' x 8' high. It'll have a steel roof on it before winter. We have started moving wood into the basement. We can put about 3 - 4 cords in there. We just have to get a little better at stacking! LOL Pics here on Photobucket

Attachments

• DCP_8082.JPG
    DCP_8082.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 825
Here is mine:

IMG_8094Large.jpg

This holz is about 8' high, 12' in diameter.

I have another about 1/3 as high after this photo was taken.

CT-Mike said:
Here is mine:

IMG_8094Large.jpg

I have another about 1/3 as high after this photo was taken.

Mike,

That Holz is awesome, the best part to the picture though is the bench. How long do you sit on it (drink in hand) just watching your stack. Nice job

Here is what I have been working on for the last 2 months

Attachments

• IMGP0442-1.JPG
    IMGP0442-1.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 797
  • IMGP0443-1.JPG
    IMGP0443-1.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 785
All free wood, just took a big ash down in my back yard in early sept.

All together, about three cords (some hidden in back).

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 703

I have another about 1/3 as high after this photo was taken.[/quote]

That Shepherd on the left could be a twin of mine! I did a double take.

This is for my garage woodburner and the fireplace in the house if we lose power to the pellet stove and furnace.

Attachments

• 1011081643[1].jpg
    1011081643[1].jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 619
This was my emergency Pile for a winter where I got stuck and wasn't able to bring in wood from the family land.
Sorry that me and my #1 helper are in the pic were just making sure there is a path to the pile.
he like to plow snow on the ATV.

This Pile is 3 pallets wide by 5 pallets deep and all came from 1 elm tree that was growing in the front yard.

534733_192_full.jpg

here is a pic of the Elm, it sure was nice for shade on the house in summer but it was dying out.
534733_138_full.jpg

I wanns say it was 46" diameter at the stump level about 1' above ground and then in the trunk where the branches spread out had a 56" diameter from the edge of 1 branch to the other side of the trunk.

This tree alone heated my house for 3 months last winter.

also here a pic of the Buzz saw pile. that we had a few years ago, Wanna say this stack was about 20 pallets long when done.

534733_180_full.jpg

that's all for now.

sublime out.

Status
Not open for further replies.