Let's see your stack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It took us 5 hours to haul all 10 tons down to the basement with my improvised sliding board, but we're now stocked with 14 tons (10 new & 4 from last year) of stove chow. Home Depot delivered them all for $55, and I got the manager to knock $10 off the $219 ton price due to the volume purchase. Score!
a36N2Qy.jpg

BDqQJRV.jpg

zNqPEEv.jpg

No, I wasn't drunk while re-stacking the bags, just really tired and trying to keep up with the bags coming down the shoot.

T5HyoBf.jpg

Now our precious pellets are resting comfortably in the dry, humidity controlled basement, guarded by specially trained pellet spiders.
scVaGIn.jpg

It took us 5 hours to haul all 10 tons down to the basement with my improvised sliding board, but we're now stocked with 14 tons (10 new & 4 from last year) of stove chow. Home Depot delivered them all for $55, and I got the manager to knock $10 off the $219 ton price due to the volume purchase. Score!
a36N2Qy.jpg

BDqQJRV.jpg

zNqPEEv.jpg

No, I wasn't drunk while re-stacking the bags, just really tired and trying to keep up with the bags coming down the shoot.
T5HyoBf.jpg

Now our precious pellets are resting comfortably in the dry, humidity controlled basement, guarded by specially trained pellet spiders.
scVaGIn.jpg

Stove chow is nice.... But Hamers!!!! Where abouts you live?. LOL.

Me and the Pigs are on the way

Reactions: dylskee
That's A LOT of chow!! How much do you burn a year? Great score too!!

That's A LOT of chow!! How much do you burn a year? Great score too!!

We burn about 6 tons a year, so we should be good for the next two heating seasons.

Stove chow is nice.... But Hamers!!!! Where abouts you live?. LOL.

Me and the Pigs are on the way

I picked up a few bags of the "Hammer's Hot Ones" at a local hardware store, as I've heard everyone here rave about them and wanted to see if they lived up to the hype. Are they normally hard to find?

I see some interesting bags on that pile Jay. "Appellation" is a new one I've never hear of before. :eek:
Dam spell check! :mad:

Appalachian made by Premier Pellet corp out of PA. Sister to stove chow. We don't see them that often so we snagged what was left of the open ton at TSC.

Appellation has something to do with wine IIRC

Hey Jay....get the costume ready. I have 5 cans of that long range spider "instant kill" spray.

Reactions: jtakeman
Pellet Shed 9-23-2013 (1).JPG Pellet Shed 9-23-2013 (2).JPG Here is my little shed full.
In one picture you can see the pellet vac on the side and all the buckets are full of freshly vacuumed pellets.
I bought 2 Ton + 4 bags today and had 10 bags left from last year for a total of 124 114 bags.

Bill

P.S.
If you look at the upper left side of the shed, you can see the security camera to identify desperate pellet thieves. There may not be much there, but one of you are desperate enough to steal my little stash.

Bill
Edited to correct my math!

Last edited:
Here's what I hauled home this weekend and got stacked 15 Turman's & 20 Clean Energy, 2 bags short of a ton right now and a few 30 packs short of a dozen :( it was the weekend reload next Saturday:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0933.jpg
    IMG_0933.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0934.jpg
    IMG_0934.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 191
View attachment 112479 View attachment 112480 Here is my little shed full.
In one picture you can see the pellet vac on the side and all the buckets are full of freshly vacuumed pellets.
I bought 2 Ton + 4 bags today and had 10 bags left from last year for a total of 124 bags.

Bill

P.S.
If you look at the upper left side of the shed, you can see the security camera to identify desperate pellet thieves. There may not be much there, but one of you are desperate enough to steal my little stash.

Bill
Pellet Vac??? Wait, what? What is that contraption you have there? I'm new to the pellet burning club here, haven't got my stove installed yet but soon. That's a nice setup you have and I love the camera! I've got a couple outdoor and indoor cameras too, mine are PTZ and controlled from my cell phone...... :)

View attachment 112479 View attachment 112480 Here is my little shed full.
I bought 2 Ton + 4 bags today and had 10 bags left from last year for a total of 124 bags.

Bill

P.S.

Bill
Wow. He really does have a camera on his stash!

Reactions: bill3rail
bill3rail said: ↑ View attachment 112479 View attachment 112480 Here is my little shed full. In one picture you can see the pellet vac on the side and all the buckets are full of freshly vacuumed pellets. I bought 2 Ton + 4 bags today and had 10 bags left from last year for a total of 124 bags. Bill P.S. If you look at the upper left side of the shed, you can see the security camera to identify desperate pellet thieves. There may not be much there, but one of you are desperate enough to steal my little stash. Bill Click to expand... Pellet Vac??? Wait, what? What is that contraption you have there? I'm new to the pellet burning club here, haven't got my stove installed yet but soon. That's a nice setup you have and I love the camera! I've got a couple outdoor and indoor cameras too, mine are PTZ and controlled from my cell phone...... :)

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/finally-made-the-pellet-fines-vacuum.84623/

Great idea, and keeps the dust out of the house to keep my beautiful wife happy.
I need to see if I still have the design for mine on the computer.

Bill

Pellet Vac??? Wait, what? What is that contraption you have there?

I found the diagram. Someone here has the rights to the original picture, not me!
I just added a pic of my style hopper.

Bill

PelletVacDiagram1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.