Lets talk ash vacuums

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoWnAqT

Jan 23, 2011
Dunbarton, NH
I've been watching for deals on vacuums for cleaning the pellet stove. and I came across this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0060EUA32/ref=ox_ya_os_product

It's made by PowerSmith, and very reasonably priced. I like that it has a washable filter and metal can. I would assume that would make a great addition to helping me clean the stove. Anyone have one of these?

Reactions: Ashful
Yep, works well. Good value for the price, perfect size.

I have one. Great Vac. No complaints at all.

RC

I think I'm going to give the Powersmith a try based on research and reviews plus it's small size so it can leave near the stove. Anyone done any shopping around and found a good price? Does Benny's have them on the cheap this season?
Amazon Prime is $94 and Home Depot is $90 shipped. Best price I've found so far from a retailer. There are a few on ebay for $81 but for me $9 is not worth the hassle if I need to return it or have a problem with the machine. Amazon and HD are easy for returns.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Powersmith-Ash-Vacuum-PAVC101/203656953#.Ulft4WQ_-L7

Thanks!

I know Mills Fleet & Farm had the Powersmith for $69 last year, that's where I was going to pick mine up. I ended up finding mine at my local Ace Hardware for $79 and figured I'd save on shipping and easier for returns if needed. So glad I got it, it makes the cleaning much easier!

Just put a call into Benny's and our local Cape Cod store has them for $69

I also use a shop vac with a drywall bag. Vacuum when cold.

I just bought mine through Mills Fleet Farm. $69 and a coupon code for free UPS shipping. Should be here Tuesday.

Just received my Powersmith from Blain's yesterday. Nice little vac. I tried it out last night and it works well. No more trashing expensive Shop Vac filters.

Last edited:
Bought one last year from Blain's Farm and Fleet for $69. Works great although I also use a shop vac crevice tool with it sometimes, since the one that comes with it is too short.

Just received my Powersmith from Blaine's yesterday. Nice little vac. I tried it out last night and it works well. No more trashing expensive Shop Vac filters.
It's a great little vac. Wish the attachments fit on the metal part rather than the extension tubes though.

Great little vac, but I got mine for a lot less than that! Think I paid around $70 from Mills Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.