Level, Parallel or my choice?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ITDirectorPaul

Nov 25, 2010
CT
I'm laying tile on top of durock for my non combustible protection in front of my fireplace. I'm in an older home (1939) and the flooring in front of the fireplace is sloped downward across the room. My question is should I be leveling out the tile somehow or put my durock down and tile right over that leaving the tile surface paralell to the floor? My stove won't be setting on it so the stove will be level.

I'm in the process of installing a hand me down Vermont Casting Seneca into my existing fireplace. Thanks for all the good information.

This is totally your choice. I like to quote a friend here - if it hurts your eye, change it.

BeGreen said:
This is totally your choice. I like to quote a friend here - if it hurts your eye, change it.

Yup.

Matt

It pains me to do it but when working with something existing i always try and match that. If you don't it will make whatever you put in new seem 'off'.

Status
Not open for further replies.