Level to Level Aireshare

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfjsf

Sep 29, 2010
Wash. Pa
Has anyone used these with much success? Ive been really considering putting one in the hearth room because our bedroom is directly above it. I want to try to blow the hot air up in hopes that it will also help draw the cold air down the stairs better. Ive tried the fan and the top of the steps without much success. I can't see why the level to level aireshare wouldnt work.

What do yall think?

Do you have a link?

pen

I priced them, thats as far as I made it. Local dealer wanted nearly $300 plus freight and tax for ONE. I did see them online for about $150 shipped. I still may give that a try once I get this stove back working right. Looks like a very good design.

Jason

pen said:
Do you have a link?

pen

http://tjernlund.com/retail/aireshare.htm

These were the ones I was looking at. I may try to find something similar for less money, these are $230 a pop. Or I may try to fab something up with an inline duct fan. I just want to know if the concept will work. It should imo

Most people report better results moving cold aid to the stove than trying to move the hot air. I move cold air to my stove and the warm air replaces it.

So there are currently no vents at all? If not, why not install some before spending money on the aireshare? See what happens. Might be a cheaper alternative. Or am I missing something here? Also, I believe from what I have read on this forum that there are issues with fire codes when installing floor vents.

Status
Not open for further replies.