Leyden Auger wasn't turning!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richkorn

Minister of Fire
Jul 28, 2008
SE CT
So when it came time for the tstat to kick the stove back on, no pellets were dropping and there was no clog. After grumbling a bit I looked under the lid and noticed that the brass button that depresses the interlock switch when the lid is closed was not there! Just the spring and small threaded rod.

I remembered I left the lid up when I went down to basement to get more pellets after it last shut off a few hours before.

Evidently, my 2-year-old unscrewed that brass button knob and threw it in the hopper :ahhh: . I found it after I scooped out about 5 pounds. Sigh of relief...... :)

Good story. That gave me a chuckle.

It seems small children and pests are the sworn enemies of many heating sources.

Whew! good thing you found the knob before the auger did

Status
Not open for further replies.