LG Granules for $5 per bag on Craigslist being sold for bedding????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesdjs

Dec 6, 2008
western MA
Wood Pellets Super Condensed Shaving For Bedding - $5 (Palmer MA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-08-31, 11:31AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

40lb bags of Softwood Pellets for Horse Stall Bedding. These wood pellets are a super-condensed form of fine shavings. A 40 pound bag of wood pellet Horse Bedding is equal to 1.5 - 2 bales of traditional shavings, Wood pellet bedding sifts so you are only disposing of wet bedding and manure, your disposal volume will reduce by 30 – 50%.
Ready to use
100% soft wood fiber
Heated to extreme temperatures to remove tars, oils, hydro-carbons, and other potential allergens
Highly absorbent (wet spot actually clumps)
Reduced disposal volume by up to 50%
Consistent
Fine textured to sift easily
Low dust is achieved through our extensive dust extraction process
Composts quickly and efficiently

$5.00/40lb Bag for up to 20 bags. Better pricing available for bulk sales call 413-364-2438. All Proceeds from the sale of these wood pellets go towards care for the rescue horses of Blue Star Equiculture

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Attachments

• 3n73ma3oc5Q55W65X2a8vfeedee997a3a14fd.jpg
    3n73ma3oc5Q55W65X2a8vfeedee997a3a14fd.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 488
Seems like a waste of a good pellet to have a horse pee on them, But they have been using pellets as bedding for years now. I even burned some in my quad when pellets got scarce one year. Some brands have a warning on the bag because they contain black walnut and I guess a horse can get sick from them!

I was at the local shelter looking at cats to rescue and they have someone donating pellets for cat litter. They were getting the ripped and patial wet bags from somewhere. I didn't ask where though. Being a pellet pig I just felt :sick: about it.

Not for nothing; but perhaps these pellets have gotten wet. I purchased 3-1/2 tons of LGs for last season from a "well known to all of you" dealer only to get "damp" pellets that had a very old manufacture date on them and they burned like crap. A "little bird" told me he knew that the dealer stored them outside for all seasons. I bought them on good faith as I had them a few years ago from a different supplier and they were the greatest (I know this was discussed in a thread here somewhere as I was not the only one in New England to have a bad experience with them).
Buyer by ware! If it looks like too good a deal, it just might be!
Have Fun!!

My local feed store has a trailer full of pallets of pellets from maine marked BEDDING on the shrink wrap, seems some mill had some issues with quality last year and is pushing the 2nds as animal bedding this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.