LG Pellets vs. Vermont Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDB

Aug 5, 2013
Vermont
Hello everyone,
August pellet pre-buy options near me are LG pellets for $235/ton or Vermont Wood Pellets for $289/ton. Does anyone here think that the VWP are worth this fairly steep price premium?
All thoughts and experiences appreciated.
Thanks.

The vermonts are a great pellet ( it's all I ever used to burn ) but experience has taught me what burns great for me means nothing to anyone else ! I have a little over a ton on hand for those very cold snaps . Other than that I burn the cheapest I can that does the job !
Vermonts great pellet very little ash ( I can go 2 plus weeks and never touch my stove )

Vermont's are very good pellets. Clean and hot. The Lg's are a decent pellet also. Not much more ash than the VT's. I can still go a month without emptying the ash pan and the heat output is decent also. $235 is a great price for them. Still $250 around here. Some places are getting $275 for them.

Since you're a new member, can you tell us your burning experience with both pellets, if any? If you have none, it's tough to say what will burn best in your stove unless you do some test burning, and that's not feasible right now.

IMO, for the price difference, I'd go w/ the LG's.

I was wondering about the LG's too. I've burned the vermonts before, and they burned great. I purchased 2 tons of the vermonts this year and I'm going to try a ton of LG's for the shoulder season. I hear good things about LG and I think I will spring for a ton this fall. They are $39 a ton cheaper than the Vermonts, but I know the vermonts will be great. There is monre than one type of LG pellet. Are they all pretty much the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.