Li-Ion Battery Substitute

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jebatty

Minister of Fire
Jan 1, 2008
Northern MN
I've got one of those super-bright flashlights, 1000 lumen, that uses a single li-ion 18650 rechargeable battery. I was in a pinch and instead used a CR123A lithium primary photo battery (3.2V), made a spacer from a small piece of 1/2" copper pipe with two copper end caps so that the length of the battery + spacer = length of the 18650, wrapped the spacer in plastic electrical tape to insulate it, and the flashlight worked well and almost as bright as the li-ion. Just an idea that others might find helpful.

Cool idea, similiarly I repack my ryobi NiCad battery packs with LI-ION packs I get on line and it's ALOT cheaper than paying for the ryobi version.

Status
Not open for further replies.