Liberty burn question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boisblancboy

Apr 26, 2009
Northern Michigan
I have been in my new house for over a year now and this is the second heating season with my Lopi Liberty that I bought brand new. I have one concern about it and I am not sure if its a problem or normal. My concern is that when I have a good bed of coals and I load her up at night, during the middle of the night she ends up burning pretty hot, the house warms up more that I would like, then in the early morning the house is cooling down. It just seems to me that even choked down as much as possible as the load in the stove slowly burns harder and harder. Now its not burning really hard but it just seems like it might be burning harder than it should be while choked all the way down. Thanks guys for the help!

Brandon

We have the Liberty also, we burn down our coals so the stove top temp is 300 degrees then reload. I try and time ours so my last reload is going in at 11:00 pm that way we wake up to a good bed of coals and the house between 68-70.

zap

[quote author="boisblancboy" date="1294183603"]I have been in my new house for over a year now and this is the second heating season with my Lopi Liberty that I bought brand new. I have one concern about it and I am not sure if its a problem or normal. My concern is that when I have a good bed of coals and I load her up at night, during the middle of the night she ends up burning pretty hot, the house warms up more that I would like, then in the early morning the house is cooling down. It just seems to me that even choked down as much as possible as the load in the stove slowly burns harder and harder. Now its not burning really hard but it just seems like it might be burning harder than it should be while choked all the way down. Thanks guys for the help!

Brandon here is the adjustment you can make if your seal on the door is not tight enough.

zap

Attachments

• handle.jpg
    handle.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 150
By the sounds of it, your stove is burning about exactly like mine. I fill it normally at 11:00p.m. and then get up and tend to it about at 8:00a.m. The door is latching pretty tight and the gasket seems to be in great shape yet. Though I dont know what kind of stove top temps or stack temps im getting cause I dont have any thermometers. So im guessing everything is just fine, but my curiousity was driving me crazy. I am just about to get into my pile of red oak and iron, so i will be dealing with even more coals, but she will be hot!

boisblancboy said:
By the sounds of it, your stove is burning about exactly like mine. I fill it normally at 11:00p.m. and then get up and tend to it about at 8:00a.m. The door is latching pretty tight and the gasket seems to be in great shape yet. Though I dont know what kind of stove top temps or stack temps im getting cause I dont have any thermometers. So im guessing everything is just fine, but my curiousity was driving me crazy. I am just about to get into my pile of red oak and iron, so i will be dealing with even more coals, but she will be hot!

These are the thermometers we have on the stove top and (single wall) flue coming out of the Liberty into double wall.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2006.jpg
    100_2006.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_2009.jpg
    100_2009.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.