Lickity Splitter!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tinker

Sep 23, 2010
Northern Nevada
We've been on our ranch for about a year and a half now, last winter was good and we enjoyed our Morso 1B0 stove throughout the chill.

As we settle in, I'm getting us better prepared to burn -- and to process our own wood.
This is my first time in 40 years of living in wood-fired homes that I've had one, we finally broke down and bought a hydraulic wood splitter!!

I'll see about getting photos up here to share of our new (quite old actually...) Lickity Splitter ABS255
This little thing rips. I don't know how I've gotten through without something like it in the past!

Does anyone else here own and run a Lickity Log Splitter?

Cheers
Tinker

Firewood buddy has one. Awsome splitter. Don't use it much as I picked up a Huskee 35 ton. Going to be comming home with me for use here. They are built to last several lifetimes.

I bought one last week actually.Took me a few days of web searching to figure out the brand as there are no tags left on it. I found a thread on this site where flatbedford had posted a few pics of one and I believe there was also a link to another site with more info.I'd paste a link to it if I knew how to.The one I have is stamped 1961 at the rear support for the cylinder.Guessing it's a 1961 model year? I have yet to figure all of the features out or even split a piece of wood on it.Motor is not original.I could see about posting pics of it if there is any interest.This thing is quite a beast!I'm looking forward to getting it in good working order as I enjoy old machinery and from what I've learned on line this splitter was a cadillac in it's day.

Ok, here is the link I hope https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/38464/P0/ Or keyword search lickity split on the gear forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.