Lies....lies.....all lies !!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the maple will season faster. Despite the Ash being dead.

I second this statement.

I processed one ash tree and one silver maple tree at the same time (fall 2013). Just finished burning the maple, it burnt great! Ash on the other hand burns just ok! It is already in the shed so I am burning it. But I also have yellow birch in the shed that was processed at the same time and it also burns much better that the ash.

I had some ash tress cut down December 2014 and started burning them 12 months later. Occasionally I need to leave the air a bit more open, but many full loads get to 650 degrees and are fully choked. I don't know the exact type of ash. Let it dry, you will love it.

Last edited:
Ash is a unique wood.

I'm going to try and replant some on my place hoping the EAB is gone by then(few years......all my ash trees are toast.

We have has standing dead ash that seasoned a year in our Sierra stove in our little hunting cabin, about ran us out on a 20 degree night.

Status
Not open for further replies.