Life of the pellet Dude

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started the day with a drive from my house at 5am yesterday to go to Pound Ridge, NY to revive an old Whitfield Advantage (pellets got wet in the hopper and auger was completely rusted and jammed), then Nowalk, CT to tear apart a P61-A and find out why it wasn't igniting (igniter in backwards, exhaust clogged, and feed plate jammed from the collection box), from there we headed to Southhampton, MA to troubleshoot a Lennox Country Winslow PS40 (control board issue) and topped off the day in Turner Falls, MA to find out why an Enviro Mini wouldn't ignite (bad igniter, control board shot and clogged exhaust). It's now 1:33am and I'm driving 2 1/2 hrs home.

It starts all over again today @ 7am: Cleaning in my home town of Rehoboth, MA, install a 4" liner in Beverly, MA and install a new igniter in an XXV in Douglas, MA...

...got to make sure I'm home by 6 to celebrate my daughter's 3rd birthday.

Wednesday...3 installs all over CT and an auger jam issue in Portdsmouth, RI

Nuts I say, nuts...

Logging some serious miles Pellet Dude... I imaging in your business it's either feast or famine. Just make sure you're home for your daughters birthday, the stoves can wait another day!

sm,

You are beating yourself up with that schedule, but making a lot of folks happy when that poor old abused stove comes to life once more.

Regards,

Ranger

Glad you got work..... Sorry about the hours.....

If you are able to tuck some of your earnings away, there will come a time you'll look back and scratch your head at how you ever did it, but damn glad you did! Happy birthday to your daughter. Spend some time with her and takes some pictures, maybe a video. Your memories will be as valuable as your retirement!

Wish your daughter Happy B-day from the gang here! Now get you bu++ back to work or you will never finish the days adventure! I would rather complain about to much work anyday. Crying about to little sucks! :)

You should be happy there is plenty of work to be done! People beating down your door for service is a few and far between occurance these days. If nothing else, you've had a nice trip through part of N.E. at a great time of year!

Happy B-day to the rugrat and enjoy it!

Glad youre busy, but not that hard at this time of year......although, IMHO, that is not a sustainable schedule, for sanity's sake (and your marriage!)

Glad to hear you have plenty of work but hopefully you don't burn yourself out with that kind
of schedule. Happy B-Day to the little one!

Doh that sucks to have to travel so far to get work
but I've been there done that and know how it is.
Hopefully the economy will turn around sooner than
later and you'll be able to schedule up a ton of stuff locally.
I'm a self employed computer repair tech and used
to have to do the same. Been at it for 15 yrs but for
the last 8 or so pretty much all my work is within a
10 mile radius of Stoughton. Good luck out there
and hope u make lots of dough this season!

Sounds like you could use a guy like ME! Part time on the "forgotten" side of Mass... lol

Scott, I can appreciate all the work you did, and the money was probably pretty good, but that is a killer schedule......temper it a bit so you can work and not get "burned out" (sorry for the pun). You might look back some day and wonder why you spent so much time away from your daughter.

Slow down and smell the roses a little, especially with your daughter. And tell her Happy B-Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.