Lifetime Fatwood supply!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osagebow

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Completely oblivious to this awesome stuff 40 feet from my front door! I thought fatwood ws a western pine thing. Turns out many eastern types can have it.:)
"Guess i should finally cut that pine up...grumble.."
The bottom 6 rounds were loaded, this stuff burns like napalm. I think it's a shortleaf or pitch.

Here's another big one that needs cut, rootball is in driveway and eroding fast.

Last edited:
Very cool! Who holds them when you split that small? _g

h
Very cool! Who holds them when you split that small? _g

stuffed the tire full and went all "Here's Johnny!" with the fiskars. Great fast, fun way to split small stuff. Some put a bungee or rope around for similar results. I use the 2 low profile car tires a disgruntled student tossed in my woods ;lol
Here's a short vid.

Last edited:
Using the tire is so much easier and faster. My back also thanks me, cuts the amount of bending over a good 75-90%. Wish I knew this ten yrs ago.

Reactions: osagebow
Status
Not open for further replies.