Lifetime supply of Super Cedar!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webby3650

Master of Fire
Sep 2, 2008
Indiana
IMG_0277.JPG
Just wanted to say thanks to Super Cedar for the cyber Monday deal! Got 36 @40% off, these babies will last a long time!

Reactions: drstorm and NickDL
Eewww, plastic! !!! ;) ==c

Reactions: Dairyman
There's an ongoing 40% discount for forum members. I ordered a box of 100 unwrapped at the start of this burning season. I figured I'd be set for a long long time. I thought about asking for a sample first just to try them, but that would have been pointless. I'm 100% satisfied.

Reactions: spirilis
There's an ongoing 40% discount for forum members. I ordered a box of 100 unwrapped at the start of this burning season. I figured I'd be set for a long long time. I thought about asking for a sample first just to try them, but that would have been pointless. I'm 100% satisfied.
How was I unaware of this deal? Either way, glad get the deal!

I don't understand the 40% discount deal. At Super Cedar web site the price is $69.00 for case of 36. Take off the 40% (-27.60) and cost is $41.40. I see Northline Express sells the case of 36 for $28.80. I'm sure I'm missing something?????

I don't understand the 40% discount deal. At Super Cedar web site the price is $69.00 for case of 36. Take off the 40% (-27.60) and cost is $41.40. I see Northline Express sells the case of 36 for $28.80. I'm sure I'm missing something?????
I'm not sure. But you will want to check the shipping cost.

just bought a case of 100 for about $70 directly. That's by far the best deal I've seen. You may find an occasional sale, but the 40% off for Hearth.com members is basically the wholesale price and includes shipping.

The reason is that the company has roots to this site and has always given the best discounts to members for several years.

I'm not sure. But you will want to check the shipping cost.

$8.63 to Wisconsin. (Free shipping with orders over $129.00.) Still beats the 40% off.

BUT I SEE THE DIFFERENCE .... To get them a bit cheaper via Northline Express you have to get them with the "Northline Express" logo on the cover.

I really don't need hardly any firestarters, the BK won't go out till spring. My non-cat takes a few but I'm really wanting them for camping and to start my Primo smoker.

I really don't need hardly any firestarters, the BK won't go out till spring. My non-cat takes a few but I'm really wanting them for camping and to start my Primo smoker.

Have you tried those Weber lighter cubes? I found them at my local Lowes. Best I've found for grill and campfires. Touch them with a match and there burning. About impossible to dump enough charcoal on them to choke them out and don't leave anything behind to taint your food.

Have you tried those Weber lighter cubes? I found them at my local Lowes. Best I've found for grill and campfires. Touch them with a match and there burning. About impossible to dump enough charcoal on them to choke them out and don't leave anything behind to taint your food.
No, I use some gelled alcohol starters that are awesome, just can't use them on the grill. I wanted a source that was good for both uses, and I wanted to give super cedars some business. I tell everyone else to buy them, thought I should too.

I had a couple Super Cedars and they worked well. I/4 puck easily lit my shoulder season fires which is pretty good considering I don't use kindling. I just dig a few smallish softwood splits out of the stack.

but birch bark is free.
I collect Birch bark every fall but Birch is a boreal species that likes cools wet climates so the bark from fallen rotted trees isn't available to many here I'm sure. I'm lucky to work a few hours a week at a wood shop where we make items out of cedar so I get unlimited cedar scrap too and much of it is thin strips ripped on the table saws there

Status
Not open for further replies.