Light on FV33i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jprosen

Dec 21, 2019
NJ
Dear All,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I bought a brand new FV33i and got it installed last week. I love it but after the burn off I tried to take of the glass with the tool. I couldn't get it off twisting those things and scratched the surround so I put the screen back on.

Well, I just turned it on and realized the light is now not working. Wishful thinking tells me its the bulb, but in order to replace I will need to take off the glass. When I looked in the manual it said it's a G9 25 watt Halogen bulb. Is this 2019? I'm hoping I can replace with LED to get much more life out of a bulb so I dont have to keep removing glass. I'm not super worried about it still being dimmable, but has anyone tried to replace this bulb with an LED equivilant? Any models anyone recomends of these bulbs? Also any helpful trick on removing the glass with that long wand?

Thanks!