Lights flickered, avoided any problems. Got to get a UPS today!!!!! One imediate question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
Can I install the UPS in my basement (directly below the stove) and run an HD extension cord through the floor to come out right at the side edge of the fireplace mantle to plug the stove into?????? I am assuming that not everyone keeps the UPS and or batteries near their stove. Procrastinated enough..got to pull the trigger! Bill

...I don't want to wait any longer and do something through Amazon and such, given the Xmas rush. I am going to check out the Geek Squad/Best Buy and my local Electrical supply houses. I believe I need a Pure Sine Wave output...with hopefully 45+ minute run time. I will worry about the relay issue next, it sounds complicated. Bill

not getting anywhere locally...I think I might have to bite the bullet and deal directly from Cyberpower as their stuff seem top notch. Waiting for an email from them, might have to call

You should be ok running the stove through a cord. Keep it short and no less that 14 ga. As to the UPS itself, you are unlikely to find a pure sine wave UPS at any local electronics chain. And if you do, it is going to be ridiculously expensive. Order online.

I've got one of the cyberpower 1350pfclcd units. It works well and gives me about 20 minutes of run time without power. (Assuming I'm not in a start-up cycle).

Good luck!

Thanks kofkorn! The CyberPower unit your talking about is hooked up to a battery, Yes? Thanks, Bill

It has two Sealed Lead Acid batteries inside that can be replaced if they go bad. (they usually have a limited lifetime).

I have the same unit as kofkorn. It will run the stove any where from 20 minutes to just unfwr an hour depending on stove setting.
Bought mine on amazon for about $150.

Would this unit run the stove a little longer? Im really worried about losing power when we arent home, even for just a few minutes...

cuznvin said:
Would this unit run the stove a little longer? Im really worried about losing power when we arent home, even for just a few minutes...

I also have the same one as kofkorn. The unit will run about 20 minutes when stove is on low setting.
Got it on amazon for $130 . So far been a good unit, saving me quite a few times already this season.
Think the manual says change batttery every 2 years, looked up cost, about $25 bucks.
Definitely worth it, along with a good surge suppressor.

Status
Not open for further replies.