Lignetic Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excell

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Oct 1, 2009
Winnipeg
Are the best that I have burned so far . They are cleaner and give more heat than anything else I have burned .Well worth the extra 50 cents per bag as they will
be cheaper in the long run . I just hope I can find some more .

I agree.....they are a good pellet.

I was fortunate enough to purchase 1 ton of hardwood Lignetics last year.

Knew nothing about them at the time. Just was lucky to obtain them during the shortage in the summer of 2008.

Wish I had bought more. Excellent pellet. Kind of saved them and have 1/2 ton left.

Have two bags of Okies and two bags of Barefoot to try. Hope they are as good as the Lignetics.

Have 3 tons of LG Granules in the basement. OK but IMO not as good as the Lignetics.

Ranger

I have 2tons of Lignetics. Im not very impressed with them this year. They seem to be burning dirty and not as hot as I remember last year. The bags look clean as always...very few fines, but they just dirty up my glass just as fast as ACP's and there is a ton of ash after a few bags. Maybe its just a batch around this area....however I have heard others with Lig's this year complaining about the same problems. Im waiting for the Hammer Hot Ones to come down in price to buy a ton of them. They are at about 270/ton right now.

I purchased 3 tons in the Spring and they are burning great for me. I burned NEWP most of last year and their is no comparison, at least for me. The NEWP caused my glass to get a lot dirtier and the heat was not even close. Glass is almost always clean with the Ligs and not a lot of ash, to speak of.

Bocephus, I think you might have gotten a bad batch!

Status
Not open for further replies.