Lignetic Virgin

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaw520

Feeling the Heat
Oct 15, 2012
Modena
A new flavor for Shaw,.. local hardware has them by the ton $279,.. or 5.89 a bag,... I grabbed a bag, just cleaned the stove and dumped them in.... let you know.

My first impression is they are HUGE!,... bigger pellets then anything I ever seen.

Attachments

• lignetics.jpg
    lignetics.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 143
Hot but ashy is my experience with them.

A new flavor for Shaw,.. local hardware has them by the ton $279,.. or 5.89 a bag,... I grabbed a bag, just cleaned the stove and dumped them in.... let you know.

My first impression is they are HUGE!,... bigger pellets then anything I ever seen.

Isn't that what all virgins say ;lol Sorry I can't help myself !

They are a 5/16" diameter pellet. Compared to the industry standard 1/4".

I like the Green labels and Presto Logs. I actually prefer the Presto's. They produce slightly more ash, but also produce slightly more heat. They are both good pellets, but I would prefer to be in under $220-$200. I paid $190 for my Green labels and $177 for my Prestos.

The only thing that I didn't like about Lignetics was the amount of fines in every bag. I burned about a half ton of them and the area around my pellet insert was covered in dust.

Well it might be my stove,... but Im not particularly impressed with these pellets,... the only real good thing I can say is there was very little fines in this bag. I feel they are too large for my stove,.. resulting in erratic/slow feed rates,... I had to turn the feed rate up to 4 just to get a decent flame height,...not necessarily burning any more pellets,.. its just their size doesnt seem to feed well in the smaller diameter augers,... a lot more creeeks and pops coming from bound up pellets... ash remains look ok,... not too extensive...heat transfer seems erratic but I believe that due to erratic feed. I wont be in any rush to buy more of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.