Lignetics, Ace Hardware Cobbs Corner Canton/Sharon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kast

Sep 28, 2008
Stoughton M.A
prices depend on how many you buy :( Grrr.... but there expensive just like everything else.

Man, I bought a bag of those when I was there and my freaking burn pot had golf ball size lava rocks after 6 hours!

kast said:
Man, I bought a bag of those when I was there and my freaking burn pot had golf ball size lava rocks after 6 hours!

I NEVER had anything like that in my stove when i burned the Lignetics....turn your air up.

BTW, what was the price?

yeah i was playing with the air, but the bag ran out before i had it down to a proper burn, it was crazy, i have been burning soft only (LG) so the air is dialed in for those.

they where like $7.45 a bag or like $6.45 if you buy 50

kast said:
yeah i was playing with the air, but the bag ran out before i had it down to a proper burn, it was crazy, i have been burning soft only (LG) so the air is dialed in for those.

they where like $7.45 a bag or like $6.45 if you buy 50

OMG what people will pay.
I thought 6.45 a bag for Cubex was outragous (but the are good pellets)
Got a ton of NEWP delivered for 289... good deal!

ligentics are a dense pellet , they like a lot of air. if you are used to softwood and do not adjust air properties you will likley find clinkering. performance wise they are as good as any i have burned in my stove and better than most. i still get a bit of 'soft lava rock" looking clinkering , but i can live with that when i can run a much lower heat range and still get the heat i need.

I still cant believe people pay more than $5 for a bag of pellets!?!?!

SparkyDog,

Can you tell me where you got the NEWP pellets? I live in N. Central Mass too.

I finally ran out of the crappy Pennington Pellets (3tons) and have about 20 bags of NEWP pellets remaining.

Thanks.

MassPellet said:
SparkyDog,

Can you tell me where you got the NEWP pellets? I live in N. Central Mass too.

I finally ran out of the crappy Pennington Pellets (3tons) and have about 20 bags of NEWP pellets remaining.

Thanks.

I will tell you...but I can't say they will be the price I paid.
Acton Wood Pellet...they are in the gas station called Pro Tech.
They have a web site...try googleing it.
They have a reasonable delivery charge too.
I live in the next town...25 bucks...per delivery.

South of Boston said:
All prices in Canton are jacked up!
Does the HD or Lowes off rte 24 (Avon?) have any pellets?

It's not just Canton, it's this entire area - Stoughton, Norwood, Canton, Randolph, Avon, etc.
The price for Lignetics at the Ace Hardware in Randolph was the same deal.
HD in Avon never has any bargains. Don't know if they have pellets right now,
but when they do they are up at $300+ a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.