lignetics ash problem?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stillersnut

Sep 14, 2009
south central pa.
Been burning lignetics for a couple of years. Last years pellets seem to burn great for me, good heat avg. ash. This years batch seems to be producing lots of ash and not quite the heat output. I have talked to some other local people burning them and they are in agreement. Anyone else seeing the same quality slide? Maybe it's a case of the business getting too big and trying to produce to much product, for I now see where they are branching out to the Big Box Stores and we all know the quality of their products.

There have been a few people on here saying the same thing, I haven't tried them this year but last year they were a very good pellet.They must be having fiber issues.

I'm not seeing alot of ash, but they are burning dirtier then some others i been trying

Tried out about 5 bags of Lignetics for the first time this year and I must say
I am not impressed at all.

They burned really dirty and made a huge mess of the glass in no time flat.
I was a bit shocked because they have such a good reputation.

Of course, it is possible I just picked up some junk bags, but after this test burn
I have decided I will not be purchasing any more of them in the future.

Every Pellet, every year has a chance to change it's quality. Thats why I always suggest trying a few bags at the start of the year, even if it's from the "cool" brands that everyone raves about.

Status
Not open for further replies.