Lignetics for 268/ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magsf11

Feeling the Heat
Jan 31, 2009
buffalo ny
Just picked up a ton for 269 then they added the tax, = 281. Thaught i was doing ok with 268 compared with 289. just took it you know were. trying a few bags now. taking a gamble with the cheeaper price now. I will eather make out or get the short end of the stick. If prices do come down just will stock up on them.

There is sales tax in NY on pellets??

Thank goodness there is no sales tax on pellets in MA, the prices
are way too high already. Lowest prices I have seen around here
are still 289-300+ a ton not including delivery.

No, there is no sales tax on pellets in NY....at least not in Orange county. I have bought them 5 different times this year and no tax.

some of the counties in ny do charge tax and this was one of them... like the old slogan for new york in the 80s. I LOVE NEW YORK.... not.

That's not right, there should be no tax on home heating fuel anywhere.

That state is so effed up. I'm glad I don't live there anymore. They're gonna be taxing people to fart pretty soon.

Couple weeks ago I bought a ton of Lignetics
for $279 cash and carry. Like Tink said, thank
goodness we don't have a tax on pellets here
and thank goodness I have a sister and a few
friends with pick-em-up trucks to help me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.