Lignetics - Green

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MommyOf4

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2012
Southern MD
Is it my stove or is anyone else's Lignetics burning black? I just cleaned out the venting just before Thanksgiving and the stove 2 days ago, but the glass is getting dirty quick (overnight) and I mean BLACK. I threw in a bag of Somersets and it seems to be burning cleaner but still has a bit of a lazy flame at the top. Could that be the lignetics that's left over?

Thanks in advance :)

I burn Lignetics and haven't had any issues this year.

Have you checked your door gasket?

We have Lignetics burning now and they seem ashy and our glass gets dirty overnight as well. I wouldn't say black, but dirty much faster than the other pellets we tried so far. Can't say I'm really impressed with them at the moment.

I wouldn't worry too much. Mine do the same. A pellet stove and wood stove are completely different.

I burn lignetics also and my glass gets dark also.

I don't have a top of the line stove so when I bought mine I knew I would be doing daily cleanouts...

I have been burning Lignetics and if I clean my glass in the morning there is a light brown layer of ash on the bottom of the window and a light white haze on the top after burning a bag of them. Other than that they seem to be burning well.

I've cleaned out the stove and vent and tried the Lignetics again and the same issues happened so I went to the Somersets without cleaning anything and complete difference. I'm just going to stick with the Somersets. Hopefully I'll be able to find them again once I go through the ton I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.