Lignetics in a Harman P68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

capecod

Feb 22, 2008
"on Cape"
First season with a Harman P68. Loving it!
Purchased 2 tones of NEWP and 2 tons of Barefoot.
Seemed to get good heat from both.
Any P68 owners find LIGNETICS throw good heat with
their Harman?
Thanks in advance

Lignetics burned very good but not great..left a crunchier ash than most in mine..3rd best in mine overall..but very clean burning..no soot..here $8 a bag.. so I don't use them often
Let me know how NEWP burn in yours..mine they create alot of ash and less heat compared to the Barefoots

My Dad is burning Lignetics in his P68 this winter and he was loving them (Dad passed away last week and I'm taking care of his pellet stove). He had a magnetic therastat on the side of his stove and the Lignetics burnt 200 degrees than the pellets he used last year (and some we NEWP).

sorry 'bout your loss...i'm sure the stove is in good hands...let me know what settings you run it on and how long you get out of a hopper or bag..I think mine is burning too fast..thanks..again ,sorry for the loss..

snikr......sorry about your dad too.

HarmanP68 said:
sorry 'bout your loss...i'm sure the stove is in good hands...let me know what settings you run it on and how long you get out of a hopper or bag..I think mine is burning too fast..thanks..again ,sorry for the loss..
what do you mean too fast? I am burning grren supreme in our omega and I am going through alot
compared to the lg's we were burning. Can you adjust to not burn as fast?

Auger setting is on 3, set for about 73 degrees on the Room Temp setting and it uses 2 bags a day in the cold weather (like the past few weeks here in Vermont). Anything else you need? I'm new to this myself so ask away if you need more info.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.