Lignetics pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dw06

Nov 15, 2010
SW Pa
Been shopping around for my pellets for the year, and plan to get 4 tons in next week or so. I burned Green Team, and AWF last year and was happy with both. Stopped in local TSC today and they have the green label Lignetics for $197 a ton. I bought a couple bags to try but might not get to burn them any time soon. If I remember I did burn a couple bags last year and they did well on heat output but did have more ash.
So at $197 a ton, should I jump on them?? I can get the Green Teams for $200 a ton, but have to make an out of the way trip of 25 miles to do so, can pick up the Lignetics a mile from work which would save the driving and the time. I'm leaning toward the Lignetics right now, what say you?

At 197 i'd get em in a heart beat. A couple years ago I paid 299 during the "pellet shortage."

I missed that as just installed my stove in min December last year!

Lignetics have been around a long time. I never see them that low around me. Always seem to have excellent heat, But lately they have had more ash than us old timers are used too. Still pretty decent and $197 is a no brainer!

The local coop has them for $199/ton. I bought a couple of bags to try, ($5.99/bag yikes). I have yet to fire the stove, I might buy a ton to top off my stash if I like them. I am thinking that the Lignetics sold in the west are different from those sold in the east. Not much hardwood cut out here.

IMO, anything under $200 that's not Inferno's is worth buying.

DMZX said:
The local coop has them for $199/ton. I bought a couple of bags to try, ($5.99/bag yikes). I have yet to fire the stove, I might buy a ton to top off my stash if I like them. I am thinking that the Lignetics sold in the west are different from those sold in the east. Not much hardwood cut out here.

I haven't seen the orange label(softwoods) in a long time over here. Our green/blue labeled hardwood blend is decent if scored at a reasonable price, Them softies were something!

j-takeman said:
DMZX said:

I haven't seen the orange label(softwoods) in a long time over here. Our green/blue labeled hardwood blend is decent if scored at a reasonable price, Them softies were something!

The ones available are the Orange label. I am hoping they are mostly Doug Fir a la Blazers or Bear Mt's.

The Green labels and the Presto Logs both burn good.

I got 2 ton of Green labels for $200 at the end of the season. They wanted almost $300 before I asked about end of season sales and I wanted a multi ton order. He only had 2 ton. So thats all I could get. I bought 5 ton of Presto's from HD for $177/ton. They burn good and hot. Ash is a little darker than the Green labels. But the pellets are darker. Both are a "Blend" of Hardwood and Conifer Fiber. I believe both bags say 80%/20% .... with the 20% being Conifer.

I have 2 tons of Lignetics tucked away in the basement for the cold months this winter (1 hardwood, 1 hardwood/softwood blend). IMO, at $197, grab em.

Don't be all that concerned about a little more ash....it's all about the heat output!

Fantastic deal for Lignetics. For some reason, Lignetics are priced at a major premium in my area.

I seek out Lignetics when one of my preferred brands is unavailable. At that price, I'd forget about my preferred brands in a heartbeat!

After calling a couple other places with one place at $198.80 a ton, and another matching the $197 a ton, they all tell me that is the price till the end of the month. So going back to TSC and picking up 1st ton this weekend and paying for all I need for the winter before they go up, as I'm sure they won't be going down. :)

Well I went this morning and bought 5 tons. Used my new utility trailer to haul the 1st ton home! :) Got it all stacked away in the pole building and will pick up the rest over next week or two, or soon as it quits raining lol.
Must say I don't know why I waited so long to get a good trailer, got a 5x8 with 15 inch tires and 3500lb axle. Sure made it a breeze to haul the ton of pellets. I did take top 2 rows off and put 5 in truck and 5 at front of trailer to even the load out and worked great.
I also got to try the bag of pellets I'd bought the other morning, and they really put out the heat. I think I'll be ready for winter!!

Last year my friends and I bought 9 tons of Linetics in the white bag with "Lignetics" in blue lettering , and "wood pellet fuel" in red outlined yellow .Premium Quality written on the bag. Hardwood and conifer sawdust.
Absolute worst pellet I ever burned in 3 years.
They burned alright with decent heat output but the ash content and dust was very high. We cleaned our stoves twice as often as usual.
Never again!

Gio said:
Last year my friends and I bought 9 tons of Linetics in the white bag with "Lignetics" in blue lettering , and "wood pellet fuel" in red outlined yellow .Premium Quality written on the bag. Hardwood and conifer sawdust.
Absolute worst pellet I ever burned in 3 years.....
There are 2 different versions of the hardwood/softwood Lignetics....wonder what the diff. is? I'm going to start a new thread to ask if anyone knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.