Lignetics Pres-to Logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jldunn

Oct 24, 2006
Syracuse, NY
I'm trying to find a dealerthat sells compress wood logs around central new york, like biobricks or pres-to logs.

Lignetics, maker of pres-to logs has an 800 number on their website for locating a dealer. I just called it, fellow that answered gave me this response:

"you'll have to call back tomorrow morning, or actually Monday morning. I couldn't help you if I wanted to." *click*

Would love to see fuel oil drop just half as much as gasoline has here in the northeast and then see if these arrogant pellet makers keep hanging up on customers. What they all need is a dose of competition again. Last year our local DRY CREEK retailer couldn't even get these jerks to pick up their phone and one time they accidently did, they hung up on him. All he was trying to do was get a approximate date when his next PREPAID order of pellets were expected. My understanding is that retailers aren't making a killing on the sale of pellets and if I were a retailer, I'd tell them to pack it in their shorts. Never know the amount you ordered is coming or not and one day out of the blue a tractor trailer pulls in and your expected to drop whatever your currently doing and run around like a mad man on a fork lift getting the load off the truck. Over the short term, we as the end consumers would all would be hurt but if 80% of the retailers decided to tell the pellet manufacturers were done dealing with you, I bet there be a BIG change in attitude real quick like. The manufacturers need to be reminded that all they are selling compressed waste saw dust and get the chip off their shoulders.

Well, the "Pressed log" mfg's are getting arrogant too. Not just Pellet guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.