Lignetics.. yellow writing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff5347

Dec 13, 2011
Central MA
Hey everyone,
havent wrote in a while but was wondering if anyone has used Lignetics with the yellow writing. I installed and oak the middle of last week and didnt notice a huge improvent of heat if any difference. The only pellets i have run w/ the oak is NEWP, Maine woods (pictured) and the Lignetics.
THese ligs make a toooooon of ash and less heat than alot i have tried. Almost in line with instant heat which wasnt good either

I had been using Turman and barefoot which gave off much better heat in my opinion. ALso wondering as to what i have noticed.. .has anyone noticed adding the oak decreases the heat output being blown out. I think i have, i've noticed i cant get the house up to the same temps as before when i had no OAK. Even with warmer days plus the oak it seems to not be getting as warm as it used to..

Attachments

• pellets-mainewoods.jpg
    pellets-mainewoods.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 326
jeff5347 said:
Hey everyone,
havent wrote in a while but was wondering if anyone has used Lignetics with the yellow writing. I installed and oak the middle of last week and didnt notice a huge improvent of heat if any difference. The only pellets i have run w/ the oak is NEWP, Maine woods (pictured) and the Lignetics.
THese ligs make a toooooon of ash and less heat than alot i have tried. Almost in line with instant heat which wasnt good either

I had been using Turman and barefoot which gave off much better heat in my opinion. ALso wondering as to what i have noticed.. .has anyone noticed adding the oak decreases the heat output being blown out. I think i have, i've noticed i cant get the house up to the same temps as before when i had no OAK. Even with warmer days plus the oak it seems to not be getting as warm as it used to..

I notice more ash from the Lignetics. But still throw nice heat. If I can score them for the right price I'd buy them again.

On the OAK, What stove do you have? Maybe try closing the damper some.

Don't know if your still interested but I just got a stove and tried out the Lignetics. They worked out well for me. I have a Milan insert... not much ash, VERY hot and easy cleanup off the glass. It wiped right off with a soft cloth. I have tried 8 different kinds and they were the hottest ones of them all. The Barefoot and Geneva matched the heat of the Lignetics but the Barefoot are about $40 more a ton and the Geneva's left a white haze on the window? I have no idea what it is but it takes more than a cloth to wipe it off. You actually need a sponge. They are about $40 a ton less so I'm giving them another shot.

The Lignetics are great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.