Like a Kid in a Candy Store

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JotulOwner

Feeling the Heat
Oct 29, 2007
Long Island, New York
We just had the most devastating wind/rain storm in recent history (75 MPH gusts at JFK Airport). Trees are down everywhere. I just have to make time to cash in before it's all gone.

We had a big, early snowstorm in october that dropped hundreds of trees around town. There was easy wood scrounging most of the winter. Unfortunately for you, spring weather will probably encourage people to clean up sooner than they did here in the fall/winter, so your scrounging window might be shorter.

Good luck. Get busy. I hope you score very well and hope the storm didn't hurt anything near you.

I just scored a 50' maple 1 minute from my house - very nice and straight as well

You guys got quite a beating out on the Island didn't you. It was pretty messy up in Westchester too. I haven't had a chance to look around yet, but I had enough wood lined up to complete my 11/12 from the snow storm two weeks ago. I imagine I can get started on 12/13 after this one if I had the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.