Like an expectant father.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iembalm4aLiving

Feeling the Heat
Oct 3, 2008
N.E. Ohio
...since I have my insert on the way (calling the installer this morning to schedule an install date!).....I've got a decent supply of dry wood on hand for this winter, but time waits for no man......I've been busy working on future needs.

Yesterday I took down a dead tree and was pleased to find that it hadn't gotten punky yet. I'd love to tell you what species it was, but I'm tree illiterate.

Holy moley am I sore this morning!

choppin.jpg

Oh, what a good daddy you're going to be! That tree species is a lotsaheatfromthisone. Very nice on several counts that you're harvesting the dead stuff. Congratulations, good work, now get out there and do it again.

Looks good. What insert are you installing?

snowleopard said:
Oh, what a good daddy you're going to be! That tree species is a lotsaheatfromthisone. Very nice on several counts that you're harvesting the dead stuff. Congratulations, good work, now get out there and do it again.

+1 snow, you beat me to it.

The insert is an Osburn 2200.

My property has a number of dead and/or near dead trees, and of course those are the ones I go after.

The weather is supposed to dry up here tomorrow for a week (it's done nothing but rain for a week) and you can bet I'll be back out there!

Thanks for listening guys!

Greg

Looks nice,when I cut something like that sometimes parts of it are punky,I save that for spring and fall when I don't need as much heat,also allows you to save the good stuff for dead of winter

Nice to see someone with the wood sorted before the insert arrives!

That deadwood will season nicely for next year, plenty of btu's sitting in that lot ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.