Like Lowe's High prices! - Kill-A-WattMonitor Bargain!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

I went to Lowe's today to purchase a P4460 Kill A Watt Monitor to check some household appliances that I saw on amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/P3-Internatio...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1307299199&sr=1-2

So I picked up the P4460 and noted Lowe's everyday high price of $28.40 No bargain here!! LOL
http://www.lowes.com/pd_322553-1558...oductId=3191393&N=0&catalogId=10051&langId=-1

As I brought it to the checkout I called up the Home Depot Web site and their P4460 on my mobile device!

I showed the cashier HD's $24.87 low price on the same model P4460 on my small screen.

She rang up the price less 10% of $22.38 which I gladly paid for!

See pics below
As you can see the Lowe's Sale slip just says Sale $22.38 just for me. :) LOL
Last pic is price on mobile device.
Note: When calling up the Home Depot's item on the mobile device, it does not say to enter a zip code for the nearest store!
Therefore I have no idea where the price of $24.87 comes from!!

Attachments

• LowesKill-A-WattMonitorSC.jpg
    LowesKill-A-WattMonitorSC.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 333
  • LowesKillAWattMonitor.jpg
    LowesKillAWattMonitor.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 324
  • LowesKill-A-WattMonitorBlackberrysc.jpg
    LowesKill-A-WattMonitorBlackberrysc.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 342
Shoot yet another reason to get a smartphone. I coulda used that yesterday. I was finishing-up the ump-teenth bigbox trip getting more building supplies for my sunporch project and I went to load-up some rigid foam board. The price was waaay high & I needed several, so resigned myself to heading over to the competitor. The extra stop saved me 30-something-bucks, but took a half-hour.

I think you should wait a couple days, and then take it back for a 111% refund after you 'lose' the receipt. And then go buy one at the Despot.

Status
Not open for further replies.