1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
  1. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    There seems to be a new restriction on "liking" posts. If you like a post, you must wait at least a minute to like another, just recently. I find I like fewer good posts. Isn't this counterproductive? What's the point of this restriction?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webfish

webfish Hearth.com LLC Staff Member

Loc:
    Minnesota
    It is to limit the logs for filling up with "likes" The recent activity tab also fills with just likes which is also counter productive. Still trying to find the most appealing trade off.
  3. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    I hear you. The recent activity log never seemed very useful, partly because of that. The New Posts log seems to be much more useful, in that regard, but then you probably miss Reported posts.
  4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    It appears to have been fixed now.
  5. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Looks like the recent activity log is plugged up again too. That sure didn't take long.
  6. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Knowing you guys have to watch that log for Reported posts, etc., I wonder why "likes" are even logged to that page?
  7. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    It in the system that way....don't think it can be configured out of there without custom work....
    Yet another reason....it's not that we don't like "likes", it's just that activity in a place which "curates" information has to be checked and moderated, and realistically....others and the mods (those checking recent activity, etc.) don't really care if someone liked someone.

As our little saying goes "moderation in all things". That includes my likes and loves. I'm sorta monogamous, so make sure I don't cheat too much on the posts I really love.....by liking too many others.
    >>
    Joful likes this.
  8. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    I reported that it had been fixed. That was yesterday and it worked just fine. Today it is back to the 1 minute wait.

Of course this begs the question: if it is in the system, then why does it sometimes work and sometimes not?

As for the likes, the reason I like them is that it did cut down a lot on the +1, +2, +3 type posts. Why post, +1 when you can just hit the Like button? Which would clog the system the quickest?
  9. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    +1
    bobdog2o02 likes this.
  10. webfish

webfish Hearth.com LLC Staff Member

Loc:
    Minnesota
    How about some "likes " or +1 's in moderation. The system is working, I was just adjusting yesterday , seems with the 1 minute delay it works best. I would go down to 30 seconds but it doesn't allow that. Logically, why would you be "liking" posts faster than that? I think I will leave it at those settings and watch the logs to see if it stems the amount.
    begreen likes this.