Lil' Badfish update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good news . . . this has made my day.

firefighterjake said:

Great! I hope this helps too-sleeping like an angel:

angel.jpg

Her chest tube might come out today which the surgeon says will make controlling her pain much easier-praying that it does.

Badfish740 said:
firefighterjake said:

Great! I hope this helps too-sleeping like an angel:

angel.jpg

Her chest tube might come out today which the surgeon says will make controlling her pain much easier-praying that it does.

Sent a prayer of thanks and continuing support your way . . . yeah . . . firefighters do pray . . . you see enough good and bad in this job and you've got to believe in something.

She is an angel....keep us posted Badfish.... :)

If I may, I'd like to make a shameless plug for the Ronald McDonald House-if there is one in your area (and even if there isn't) please check them out and consider supporting them. We live 70 miles from the hospital so either way you slice it, whether we drove here every day or stayed in a hotel in downtown Philadelphia every night (a "cheap" hotel near here is $100+ a night) this whole ordeal would easily have cost us more than $2000 out of pocket that we just don't have right now-especially when you factor in meals, parking, and other incidentals. RMH doesn't just need money either-food donations, volunteers, and other types of help are all needed. Just thought I'd throw that out there-we would be lost without them right now.

I know that lots of Alaskan families who have take kids to Seattle for treatment depend upon RMH. Funny, I don't think much about people in L48 making use of these. Here's hoping the tube comes out stat. I'm sure she's not the only one with a pain in her chest right now--kids are our white underbelly, and we are helplessly vulnerable in that area. You'll never forget this, and she won't remember it.

I once had a woman introduce her son to me: "This is Alex. He was premature." I looked up at this 13 y.o. towering over his mother and said, "Looks like he's doing okay now!" And she looked up at him in surprise and after a minute said, "I guess he is!" Time will come that you will be reading `Calvin and Hobbes', `For Better or Worse', and `Zits' for their child rearing hints, and the reassurance of knowing other kids do that, too. Someday this will be part of the mosaic that makes up your life together. Not yet, but that time will come.

SOO sorry to hear that lil' B had to go through this and VERY VERY glad that it went well and she is recovering. I hope its a big relief to you and yours to be able to enjoy your first christmas as a new family with this pain behind you and looking forward to many more.

From one new Dad to another, my prayers are with you!

This must be very tough on you and the Mrs. Having a sick baby is never easy. My stepson was sick for most of his first 12 or 13 years and was very hard on all of us. I wish a speedy and full recovery. I hope that you all can put this behind you and that she can grow strong and healthy.

Thoughts &prayers; for you & yours. Extra snuffles from Dixie & Matisse for your little one.

Hey all-the docs came around this morning and said we might be going home today! Things got a little rough early yesterday because she was running a slight fever which can be common after major surgery but can also be a sign of other bad things. As long as she doesn't run a fever over the next eight hours or so we should be good. The surgeon did stress that they have no way of being 100% sure that the mass is totally gone on the left side (they went in from the right) until she gets a CT scan in six months. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it-at least if we have to ever go through this again we'll know more about what to expect, etc... We're just thankful to be able to have her home and surrounded by family over Christmas. Thank you ALL for helping us not feel alone during this time. I'll have to remind my wife of all of the prayers and good thoughts that came from the hearth.com board the next time she says "are you blogging about your wood pile again!?" ;)

That's exactly the kind of news I was hoping to hear. Wonderful! Rick

That's awesome !!!

* sends more snuffles* :)

I like that phrase: "Are you blogging about your woodpile again?" I know my kids roll their eyes at times and ask similar questions. It's difficult to explain . . .

Happy news indeed that the little one will be home soon. Sending good thoughts your way for the fever coming down and you go through the flurry of the discharge process. Went through a hospitalization w/DD when she was about 10 days old, and was afraid we were going to lose her. A few months later when she had to go back, we were old hands at the hospitalization routine; the first one is the hardest. One of the things I remember about that hospitalization was a pediatrician who came in to treat her. First he picked her up, sat down in a rocking chair, and put her over his shoulder and rocked for awhile--could tell he'd had a long, long day. He won my trust completely through that simple act.

Oh, wow, just reading of this now. I am now sending my best thoughts and prayers for good healing to catch up on not sending them before the surgery. She's a gorgeous little girl. Happy family this Christmas!

Fantastic news. To you and yours I wish all the best. Give that beautiful little baby a gentle little hug from Jags.

Status
Not open for further replies.