Lil chip wood furnace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I got it all together, ductwork installed and it did what I was afraid it would.. not strong enough for all the ducts I have in the house. So the way I set it up, I did in case it happened. So I can just put registers in the floor in the rooms and heat that way.. ..so should I run 8" all the way or do I need to cut down to 6" halfway or something on the long run?

My ducts are also too numerous/long/large to work right with out closing the registers a bit to balance things out...have you tried that?
If you hafta run separate (probably not a bad idea anyways...you can set proper clearances and run/rise that way) I think you want to run as big as you can as far as you can...and then run 6" branches to the registers.

I've decided I'm just going to run 8" (just need another 25 or so ft) to 2 or 3 registers which is the longest run I have. And the coldest and furthest room in house (our master bedroom) and branch one or two times in living room then other half of house I can supply with the other side of ductwork to sons room, kitchen, spare bedroom and bathroom. That will be easiest due to it being the basement.. other side is tight crawlspace which I did not want to go back under.

I'm looking at a old furnace that has "lil chip" on the front door. It's about 3'x4'x4' overall width is about 63 inches with blower and looks like it can accept a 3ft or so log.. I tried to Google the stove but no luck.. all of the controls say dayton so I'm assuming it's a dayton brand stove? Flu looks to be 8" I was wondering where I can find specs like clearences, parts etca I will post the photo I have in a few hours I forgot to mention the house was built late 80s or so

View attachment 190193
Just took one out of the house. LOVED IT!!! To old to chop wood anymore but would get a 3500 sf home to 89 deg in the dead of winter. In the teens outside. Wish they still made them.