Lil Powerhouse Boiler?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much about boilers, but I know more than I want to about people.
I thought that I had strongly suggested we put an end to this while nobody but
the rightful person looked the fool.
Some people by nature cannot resist "the carrot" and I imagine this will soon
end up in the ash can where it should probably be anyways.
I'm disappointed.

What a thread. Full of turf defending, accusations, a little name calling. Better than the soaps on TV. Wondering who is sneaking over to sleep with who's wife next?? ;-P

Besides all of the drama, I know DD people are going to defend their boilers to the death, even though I think that SOME DAY someone will come up with a better way to get heat out of wood. This may or may not be it, but in general most jumped on the bandwagon that this stuff was crap, it could not work, and no amount of math, science, BS, whatever was going to change your mind. You might be right, I don't know, but I won't jump on that bandwagon. That said, I would not buy one until I talked to a dozen people who had burned theirs for 15 years without any trouble.

For those attacking, are you trying to convince him to take all of his boilers to the junkyard to sell as scrap? You think he is going to do that?
For Paul, give it a rest, you're not going to convince them that your design is even viable, so sell your boilers and service them and prove everyone wrong so that in 5 years we are all saying, those are sure awesome boilers, maybe they will have their forum. If however you are selling less than great boilers, there will be lots of "I told you so" going on.

Maybe I should keep my mouth shut, but every now and then it's nice to at least sound like the voice of reason.
Now back to "As the World Turns," did you know that Grace was actually the son of George, but that they messed up the sex change operation and .......

mike1234 said:
What a thread. Full of turf defending, accusations, a little name calling. Better than the soaps on TV. Wondering who is sneaking over to sleep with who's wife next?? ;-P

Besides all of the drama, I know DD people are going to defend their boilers to the death, even though I think that SOME DAY someone will come up with a better way to get heat out of wood. This may or may not be it, but in general most jumped on the bandwagon that this stuff was crap, it could not work, and no amount of math, science, BS, whatever was going to change your mind. You might be right, I don't know, but I won't jump on that bandwagon. That said, I would not buy one until I talked to a dozen people who had burned theirs for 15 years without any trouble.

For those attacking, are you trying to convince him to take all of his boilers to the junkyard to sell as scrap? You think he is going to do that?
For Paul, give it a rest, you're not going to convince them that your design is even viable, so sell your boilers and service them and prove everyone wrong so that in 5 years we are all saying, those are sure awesome boilers, maybe they will have their forum. If however you are selling less than great boilers, there will be lots of "I told you so" going on.

Maybe I should keep my mouth shut, but every now and then it's nice to at least sound like the voice of reason.
Now back to "As the World Turns," did you know that Grace was actually the son of George, but that they messed up the sex change operation and .......

I would agree except I think that most people reading this see a lot of holes in the claims being made here. I for one would hate to see someone shell out big bucks for a boiler that doesn't live up to the claims. There is a lot of OWB being sold out there that are JUNK. They are what is causing the big uproar and causing the regulations that are going to hurt us all. I have no axe to grind and if I'm wrong I'l be the first to say so but untill the proof is in the pudding buyer be ware. I haven't seen any new or different development here that shows that boiler can do what is claimed. You can't change science just by claiming things.
leaddog

MIKE1234
Thanks mike I didn't find this site by looking for it I found it under LILPOWERHOUSE on a web search so when I read it I atleast felt I could set things a bit straight but when I got here I got hammered by how dumb I was !I have 30 years experience in the outdoor boiler industry and have test most of what is being discussed ! And at no time did I say I was better than anyone here !
When someone made What I felt was baseless statements I just asked for there credential's as I thought people giving advise to prospective customers of wood furnaces should have some!! I have stated mine !!

Cheap wood heat said:
And kenny was that b4 or after you posted the lies about me I do see why you want out!!
PLEASE TELL THE PEOPLE YOU WERE LYING ABOUT WHAT YOU SAID!!

No problem dude. The truth is, he would not give me any references.
I believe I had already clarified that.

As an old hippie in my own right, I appreciate his abilitity to folk with the establishment.

Cheap wood heat said:
See why you would like to end this Kenny
So now we are looking at 700 deg c which is 1292 degree f so tell me how you gasification people get that temp from the primary burn of your wood!!

You know, I was going to quit and go work in the shop but what the hell!, I mizes' well finish the night here!

Paul I will say it ,You are as dumb as a post!

Have you been paying attention at all or are you still stuck in your fantasy land?

How does the cutting torch obtain the extreme temps to cut steel. EXCESS OXYGEN! Same principle with a gasification boiler. Only addition is that a gasification boiler uses a refractory lined chamber to keep the exhaust gases very hot and some dwell time in this chamber to complete combustion. Definition of refract is to bend which is exactly what it does with the high heat created in that chamber. It turns back the heat into the gases instead of into the water jack.

Paul, does your boiler use a catalytic combustor?

Paul you got on here once again and read through the posts and still answered no questions about why the boiler is better. If you go back through the pages there are plenty of unanswered questions that you have skipped over to argue with people about credentials and definitions rather than giving us answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.