Lime 4x4 Over draft problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

John I was thinking: Is the Harman coal stove vented in the same flue as it was in the cellar? Does that flue also have an cleanout door? Tell me it is blocked off and the ash dump door sealed? If not, then this could explain and agrevate the over draft situation.

If the original outlet is left open in the basement all kinds of air is getting sucked in causing the overdraft. We see the front setup how did you connect the connector to the flue Do you have a liner? is it connected is it a tight connection. Just thinking about your situation trying to see if something simple was missed.

Not yet.The wife is home during the day and she gets the mail as soon as it comes so no chance that some one walked off with it.When i moved the stove to the first floor we cut into the chimney to gain access to the liner.Which i then cut and spliced in a T the bottom portion of the liner that is in the basement was capped and sealed.The liner is 6" flexible ss. Still playing with diffrent settings.the more i think it on it the bigger my headache gets..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.