• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Betterlysolutions

Dec 31, 2015
Harbor Beach, Mi
happy new year! I have a question... Actually a scenario i could use a little input on if you don't mind? It's an outdoor wood boiler another plumber installed and i combined an indoor navien system with it. There was a 6006c1018 aqua-stat installed on it to shut it down on temp rise but the user seems to have a problem controlling the heat. The aqua-stat stopped working because it just got too hot, also theres a blower that doesn't shut off when it gets cold. I was thinking of an oil burner control but the cad would just burn up in the stove, so thats out, and i want the blower to shut off when i cant get to it, its at my shed and i'm not always able to get there.

happy new year! I have a question... Actually a scenario i could use a little input on if you don't mind? It's an outdoor wood boiler another plumber installed and i combined an indoor navien system with it. There was a 6006c1018 aqua-stat installed on it to shut it down on temp rise but the user seems to have a problem controlling the heat. The aqua-stat stopped working because it just got too hot, also theres a blower that doesn't shut off when it gets cold. I was thinking of an oil burner control but the cad would just burn up in the stove, so thats out, and i want the blower to shut off when i cant get to it, its at my shed and i'm not always able to get there.
I installed a 50C (122F) normal open thermal switch ( couple bucks on ebay) in a 'handy box' to control the blower on my stove. Screwed the switch inside a blank cover wired it up to the cord. Then made a bracket to keep against the stove back. Temp goes above set point and the blower goes on. Drops back and it turns off. So its never on when the stove is cold.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 269
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.