Liner connecting to insert question????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeLikeUmFire

Sep 17, 2009
Lapeer, Michigan
What is the best way for my 6" stainless steel liner to connect to my insert (see pic below). There is only about 1/2 lip on the top of the stove. What are my options that will pass inspection?

Attachments

• ATT00001[1].JPG
    ATT00001[1].JPG
    31 KB · Views: 184
You'll need a Stainless Steel flex to rigid adapter & some small SS "L" brackets
to make a positive attachment.
The adapter fits OVER the end of the liner & INTO the flue collar.
The adapter gets screwed to the liner & the "L" brackets get screwed to both the top
of the insert & the adapter...

If your using a flex liner, there should be a rigid adapter that will slide inside of your flue collar. If you do have that, I would screw 3 L brackets into the top of the stove, push the adapter into the flue collar and screw the brackets into the adapter.

DAKSY said:
You'll need a Stainless Steel flex to rigid adapter & some small SS "L" brackets
to make a positive attachment.
The adapter fits OVER the end of the liner & INTO the flue collar.
The adapter gets screwed to the liner & the "L" brackets get screwed to both the top
of the insert & the adapter...

Bah, someone beat me to it and did an even better job explaining it!

My flex liner kit came with a liner to stove adaptor that fit down inside the collar of the stove. The stove was not supplied with the L brackets, which was strange, so I just found some that worked and screwed it down to the supplied holes in the stove and into the adaptor collar, then gooped up the ends of the screws with stove cement.

Status
Not open for further replies.