liner for pellet stove, not insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scruffy

Oct 24, 2008
NH
Anyone have to place a liner into an existing masonry chimney to cut down on the draft? If so how do you do it?

Been going nuts trying to figure out why my stove won't heat. Has to be the draft is fulling all the heat out of the stove?

I'm not completely sure I understand your question but I think most people who run their exhaust through a chimney install pellet vent pipe all the way from the stove to above the top of the chimney. There is flexible pipe made for this, one long piece to go from top to bottom. Try doing a seach here for chimney liner and I think you'll find what you are looking for. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.