Liner for storage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FBKS

Mar 24, 2008
North Pole, AK
Hi, first time post here, I have looked at the past posts & am trying to build additional storage for an OWB -- I fortunately have room in my garage to add 1,500 gal and would like to build this out of concrete insulated block -- does anyone know of a manufacturer of a liner that I could then put in this system that would withstand the temps of 190 degrees or so?

FBKS said:
Hi, first time post here, I have looked at the past posts & am trying to build additional storage for an OWB -- I fortunately have room in my garage to add 1,500 gal and would like to build this out of concrete insulated block -- does anyone know of a manufacturer of a liner that I could then put in this system that would withstand the temps of 190 degrees or so?
Look for a pond liner, just google that, the material should be EPDM. If you use an ICF for your tank the insulation will most likely not withstand the temperatures the tank will operate at. To use an ICF you will need to line the insulation with plywood at a minimum, best would be polyisocrynate insulation over the icf's insulation.

Polar supply in FBX can get EDPM liners, but I don't know what the price is. If you find out I might be willing to split a large piece with you and hopefully reduce the costs for both of us. I need a piece around 18' x 18' and another around 6' x 6'.

(I'm in Healy)

I realize this is not going to help you in Alaska($300 in shipping) but for someone in the midatlantic area the link below has pretty good prices.
Webbs is local to me and I just picked mine up at there store.
$158.00 for a 20 x 20 45 mil.

http://www.webbsonline.com/catalog/liner/index.html

kabbott said:
I realize this is not going to help you in Alaska($300 in shipping) but for someone in the midatlantic area the link below has pretty good prices.
Webbs is local to me and I just picked mine up at there store.
$158.00 for a 20 x 20 45 mil.

http://www.webbsonline.com/catalog/liner/index.html
Good site, I think I will buy my liner from them. I put in shippimg to RI using the same 20*20 and it quoted me $69, to North Pole AK $282.84. Probably better to find something a little closer. Maybe Santa's work shop?

Christmas is going to be a little thin this year for everybody. Santa uses his sleigh and reindeer in December but the Elves use over the road trucking and barge services to get the raw materials to make all the little boys and girls toys. Fuel is so volatile that shippers won't quote prices more than a few days before actual shipment. It's a different world these days!

You noted that you were looking for a liner that can handle 190F. EPDM is only rated to 175 or 180F sustained temp. Possible high temp 190 -200F alternatives could be Royal Liners 4x8x4 tank hi temp at $750, Flex liner about same $,or Sani-tred, which is an applyed coating at about $450 for same size tank, hypalon may also be an alternative but I have mixed info on max temp cost at about $ 2.50 a sq ft. Any body have any other info> I would like not to worry about having to watch the max temp of the tank also the higher the max temp the more heat in storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.