Liner insulation -- local?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mj5001

Oct 15, 2011
United States
I'm going to ionsulate just the top part of my 6" flex liner and really only for added support and to keep the top sealed )better than nothing) -- now what kind of blanket insulation do I use?

Can I get something locally through a Lowes or HD etc?

What is it I ask for?-- sure someone has it around here.

Yes you can, but even better is something called K-Wool, white in color and will never burn.

They offer a loose insulation that you just fill the space between the liner and tile. I did not do this but they offer it. I think insulating the liner is a smart move. It keeps the heat in and in the event of power loss, the heat will help the natural draft.

I was able to get "fireplace" insulation from a local fireplace company. It is fireproof and was very easy to work with. In fact the company was so nice they didn't even charge me for the insulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.