Liner orientation (male or female down)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth22

Nov 21, 2009
Southern Maine
I talked to my local chimney liner installer yesterday. He does a ton of work and I respect him. He told me it doesn't really matter which way the liner/connection male/female "point".

As with some others here, I thought it was good for the "male to point towards the stove". Not so much for liquids, but for dry creosote to not get caught on the lip during cleaning.

He said the male point up gives a better gas connection. I would agree with this, but would think the draft would overcome my "male pointing down".

Please weigh in....

+1

IIRC the stove guy told me, "So that everything falls back into the stove."

Let some rain get in your chimney just one time and after you clean that mess off of the stove and the floor you will make sure that your connections are male side down from then on.

Status
Not open for further replies.