1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. great balls of fire

great balls of fire New Member

Loc:
    East Fishkill, NY
    I'm thinking about getting a flex king liner for my insert.I know the pro king is smoother on the inside.I was wondering if one was easier to work with than the other?Im looking at a 4by 25ft.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. john193

john193 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeast PA
    Hearing from others who have used the "smooth" liners, they are a little tougher to manipulate but still flexible. Don't expect it to completely smooth. Typically It is smoother than the non smooth liner.
  3. great balls of fire

Loc:
    East Fishkill, NY
    thanks for your reply
  4. chimneylinerjames

chimneylinerjames Feeling the Heat

It is slightly stiffer but not much. The inside is perfectly smooth. The Flex King Pro is different than other "smooth" liners. The other liners are like "john193" said, not completely smooth. They have seams that make it not perfectly smooth. They are smoother than the standard 1 ply liner, but not as smooth as the Flex King Pro.
  5. great balls of fire

Loc:
    East Fishkill, NY
    I didn't go with the pro just a flex king. seems like it'll work just fine.the single ply was easy to manipulate and cut.I got the insert up and running and I'm very excited not to use oil to heat my house.
  6. Lake Girl

Lake Girl Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Congrats on the insert - pics or it didn't happen;)
  7. great balls of fire

Loc:
    East Fishkill, NY
    this is the Timberwolf insert in the basement have the p43 upstairs only heating hot water now .I'm stoked !

Attached Files: