Liner size for Blaze King

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it is a minimum of 60 square inches, and if they make a 9" diameter liner it would give me 63.6 square inches! Do they make a 9"?

Should take an 10" liner? That is pretty large for an insert.

I picked up this stove last night for 300.00, it came with an extra door, fan assembly, spare bricks and a surround kit. I thought this was a fair deal on a stove that looked really well taken care off. So today after talking to a local dealer he was getting ready to quote me a price for collar, liner, and cap. He said he would need to know what the manual says for a liner dimensions. I thought someone would have some input on what size liner I should go with. I did get up on the roof before dark and measured the fireplace flew which was 10"x10".

Hey I am hoping someone can help me with another aspect of this stove insert install. I am trying to figure out if I have to use a liner how to I attach it to the stove? the damper vent on the stove is 20" X 3.5". I am trying to figure how to upload pictures

Is there a model number in addition to the KFF? The insert sounds like it was designed as a slammer which is no longer legal. It has a very wide flue exit. I'm not sure if there is a stock fitting that converts to 8" round that is that wide.

Last edited:
some pics

Attachments

• 001 (360x640).jpg
    001 (360x640).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 309
  • 002 (360x640).jpg
    002 (360x640).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 003 (360x640).jpg
    003 (360x640).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 216
  • 004 (360x640).jpg
    004 (360x640).jpg
    16 KB · Views: 190
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 005 (360x640).jpg
    005 (360x640).jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 192
  • 006 (360x640).jpg
    006 (360x640).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 214
  • 007 (640x360).jpg
    007 (640x360).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 520
Paging @BKVP with flue adapter request. Is there one out there or will they need to have a custom one made up?

Yes there was one.....rectangular to round, both 7" and 8". However, they were pre EPA units, so we stopped making them 5 years ago.

I believe we would need to go rectangular to 9 inch (manual call for minimum 60 square inch vent!) is it going to be possible to make this work and be safe?

These were pre EPA super heaters. Watch your chimney cleaning intervals closely. The KFF was an 8" adapter for the same size liner. You won't need an insulated liner....they usually got the stack plenty warm.

NOW A TIP! Although we no longer make certain parts for old stoves, a dealer purchased an old warehouse in Montana but agreed to accept it as is. Turns out the Montana Blaze King manufacturing facility was in that building in the late 1970's. There were 6 such facilities across the lower 48 at that time.

That warehouse was full of old unit parts. Yes, complete sets of ceramics and perhaps other parts. I confirmed two weeks ago they still own all that stock...some did go to recycling.

You can contact them to see if they have the part(s) you need. Call the Axmen in Missoula, MT.

I would.

He said he didn't think the liner needed to be insulated because the stove let a lot of heat go up the flue. The stove should have a rectangular flue adapter to 8" round and a stove to chimney top 8" liner to be safe. If safety is paramount, insulate the liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.