Liner swept & Summit is pulled out...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the whole time the only real wood stove in the joint is sitting in the addition being a plant stand. :rolleyes:

Of course the second one I bought is sitting in the basement doing the same thing. Sans plants.

Reactions: PapaDave
Can't wait till one day removing that gawdawful brick and put some nice cultured stone around her.

LOL, actually it is acting as a part time tool & everything else shelf.
Got to get everything else done first, the stove will be last to do.
Maybe next year...... Stay tuned LOL

Very nice! It must have that "new car" smell still.

Second string, back up 30, on light duty.....
Makes a dandy shelf
Look at that dust!
Tisk Tisk
::-)

Attachments

• SAM_5312.JPG
    SAM_5312.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 141
Good Choice! ;lol

2006? Oh yeah, the year I installed the stove that isn't cracked. ;lol

Lots of fun back and forth here that year. The year of all of those Summits versus the old fool with the first 30.

Yeah but your returned your first one much sooner than I retired my old Summit.
If I remember correctly, the first 30 you had came out as quick as it went in.
Then you waited for them to ship the new one half way across the country, from Englander how many miles away?
LMAO
Saweet justice

(Courtesy of the band Saliva)
Ladies and gentlemen good evening
You've seen that seeing is believing
Your ears and your eyes will be bleeding
Please check to see if you're still breathing

Okay, the replacement was picked up today, and is installed today.
Had to pull apart some of the block off plate, but did not have to lift the liner at all, thank God!

Behold......
Feast your eyes on the new heating bioch of this house!!!!!!!!
TA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They didn't give me a new door, and that was part of the original deal.
So I will be emailing the distributor tomorrow.

If I was merely shopping fora new insert, and had the cash, I might have gone for a Princess.
Never the less, I am very happy with that I have so far.
I think I may be one of few to have the distinct honor of comparing the prior style to this new B model.
EBT is set up differently, and now adds the air to the secondary, rather than the primary as twas in the old model.
The EBT is now gravity operated rather then temperature triggered.

One other thing. Those of you with the old model, pull your EBT once every few years, as the two times I did, both had some dead insects & bees in there.
Could be an issue of blocking the flapper from opening/closing all the way. Not a high percentage, but not worth the chance.

The old one is in the barn, I hate to even put it there, but no room in the house for it.
Not sure what I will do with it. Maybe hook it up in the garage or who knows.
Shame to let a good burner sit and collect dust.

Here she is...............

Nice!!! I figured you were going with another brand and was possibly not happy with the Summit. Started making me second guess my purchase and install. LOL. Now I'm more confident with it. I also noticed my firebricks are sopping wet. I guess I should pull them out and let the dry out bit.

Nice!!! I figured you were going with another brand and was possibly not happy with the Summit. Started making me second guess my purchase and install. LOL. Now I'm more confident with it. I also noticed my firebricks are sopping wet. I guess I should pull them out and let the dry out bit.
Have no fear, the Summit is a more than capable heater, and you will love it.
The door is not adjusted from the factory, so make sure you check the adjustment. It should feel snug to latch, not loose and not overly hard to turn the handle.
Check the seal all the way around with the dollar bill test.
You don't have to dry the bricks out, I am just doing it to see how much they dry. Either way the first time you fire it up, it will drip moisture down the front corner posts inside and the bricks may very well hiss etc. THis is normal.
I am curious to compare the old insert to this new one, with the new EBT set up etc.

You know your a die hard wood burner when you have a backup stove NC30. Most people are just glad to get one stove.

You know your a die hard wood burner when you have a backup stove NC30. Most people are just glad to get one stove.
We dont want to be caught with our pants down,a cold wave,and no WOOD heat available,now do we?

Well technically, I have a back up 30 and now a back up Summit insert ;-)

Just three stoves? Pfffft.

Reactions: Ashful
Just three stoves? Pfffft.
But as of now, it only takes one to heat this place ....:p

Trooper, she won't be fired up for another month or so. Not till we get colder here.
Full time usually don't start till last week in November. Depends on what the weather brings.
Gonna have the initial paint cure, which was not too bad the with the first Summit.

I don't get it, why did you replace it? Was it the warranty stuff you went through? Did PE give you a deal? Good choice to stick with PE, I'd love to try one out.

Just curious, why multiple stoves? House too big for 1 stove, multiple rooms too far from the stove ect?

Todd, The stove cost me nothing, accept my labor to remove the old, going to pick up the new, and installing the new.
I won't elaborate any more than that right now. She is in and ready for duty.

Seasoned, Only the Summit is in place and ready to rock. She will heat the main house just fine, as the old one has for the past 7 years.
The 30 is in the room it will be installed in, just have not finished the addition yet, and the install of the 30 may likely be the last thing I complete in the addition.
I have good quality duct fans in the addition and will be tying in duct work in the loft of the main house to bring air from the main house to the addition.
In the shoulder seasons, I am hoping the Summit in the main house will be plenty of heat for the main and addition. Once winter kicks in, and I am using the addition, I will be using the 30 also.
I plan on taking cooler air from the main house to bring to the addition bedroom and new office to push the hot air from the office(30 stove room) back into the main house.
I will have 2 doorways between the addition and main house, so a convection loop may take place, and may not even need to ducts & fans. But they will be in place just in case.

Well she looks great, hope she does the job you need.

Glad to know an insert will do that. I was under the impression that an insert gave somewhat less heat than a free standing stove and were not usually used for a main heat source.( i guess thats true only if the electric is out) I do think inserts in general are better looking than free standing stoves and some of them are downright gorgeous. That new harman pellet insert is a real beauty.
Yours HW is a good looking insert as well.

Never had any doubt here. It had be first-class all the the way because that's the kind of guy your are. Wishing you many warm winters bro and looking forward to some detailed reports on the new EBT.

Glad to know an insert will do that. I was under the impression that an insert gave somewhat less heat than a free standing stove and were not usually used for a main heat source.( i guess thats true only if the electric is out) I do think inserts in general are better looking than free standing stoves and some of them are downright gorgeous. That new harman pellet insert is a real beauty.
Yours HW is a good looking insert as well.
Actually, without power, the insert heats the house fine. I have had a few power outages and the insert kept the house comfy enough. With the set up of the main house, there is a nice convection loop.
The further rooms will be slightly cooler, but the convection loop does a good job. The upstairs is open above the living room with very tall cathedral ceiling, a large loft next to the living room, with 2 bedrooms and a bath between them on the other side of the upstairs. If the bedroom doors and bathroom doors are left open, there is a nice flow between those also.

Never had any doubt here. It had be first-class all the the way because that's the kind of guy your are. Wishing you many warm winters bro and looking forward to some detailed reports on the new EBT.
Seriously Hog, you are a good dude. Glad to see you got a bonus upgrade. I hope this works out great for you.

Well that will be a month or two away.
Might get a fire or two in overnight in October.
I may do a comparison report between the old & new models.

Status
Not open for further replies.