Liner too long? can I cut it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grumpydaddy

Nov 8, 2010
South Jersey
Hi,

I'm about to install a wood burning insert and I have a question about the liner. My dimension to the top of the unit is 21', so I ordered a 25' liner with matching insulation. What do I do with the extra 4' of liner. Should I cut it, or should I leave it be. I would think that 4' of liner will be a little hard to compress down into my masonary flue!

Thanks,
Mike

Angle grinder with cut off wheel,nice clean cut.

Don't cut ANYTHING until you get the liner attached to the unit & the cap plate in position.
Then use a simple hacksaw with a metal cutting blade to cut most of the way thru
& trim the last part with a sharp pair of tin snips.
No need to dodge the shrapnel from a grinder & no lead cords or air hoses to drag up the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.