Liner Warranty Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berner

Feeling the Heat
Feb 1, 2012
Eastern, MA
Old news to some but I'm in the process of upgrading my liner. After being burned by my last liner company warranty I'm hoping to find a lifetime warranty for my new liner. I have found a few that offer a lifetime warranty but they are all voided if the liner is not cleaned and inspected (video camera) every 18 months by a licensed sweep. The money it would cost to get it cleaned and inspected by a licensed sweep wouldn't make much sense. Some also only carry a warranty if it is installed by a licensed sweep.

My question to you guys is: Does anyone know of a liner company that offer a lifetime warranty on their products with no strings attached? I'm leaning toward rigid pipe as my last flex liner failed.

My question to you guys is: Does anyone know of a liner company that offer a lifetime warranty on their products with no strings attached?
Nope doesnt exist. Honestly warranty's on liners in general are a joke

I'm leaning toward rigid pipe as my last flex liner failed.
What type of flex was it? Light wall, double wall, heavy wall?

Nope doesnt exist. Honestly warranty's on liners in general are a joke

What type of flex was it? Light wall, double wall, heavy wall?

Flex King Pro from CLD. That would be a "double wall"?

Flex King Pro from CLD. That would be a "double wall"?
No need to go with rigid i really prefer heavy wall. Rigid is a good liner But in my experience the rivets in a rigid liner usually fail before a heavy wall liner will

No need to go with rigid i really prefer heavy wall. Rigid is a good liner But in my experience the rivets in a rigid liner usually fail before a heavy wall liner will

Don't know if you remember my previous posts but my liner was failing during the cleaning. Brushing top down when I get to the bottom 3 feet the problems persist. As I go up and down with the brush the up motion snags the inside of the liner. And I end up with flaps.
image.jpg

How would a heavy wall be any different?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if you remember my previous posts but my liner was failing during the cleaning. Brushing top down when I get to the bottom 3 feet the problems persist. As I go up and down with the brush the up motion snags the inside of the liner. And I end up with flaps.
Yes i remember

How would a heavy wall be any different?
It is almost 3 times as thick and does not have an unsecured bottom edge. It is a completely different construction. Regular light wall will not do that either it is just that crap 2ply liner that does. It really is a bad design.

Status
Not open for further replies.