Lining 12 x 12 flue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hillerjih

Nov 17, 2015
connecticut
A couple of questions regarding flue lining.. I have an older VC Defiant (1975) that I have h.ad piped into my fireplace flue for several years with a 5-6 ft pc of s/s flex. I want to line the whole flue with s/s flex. I've read that you are supposed to size the pipe according to the vent size off the stove. Mine is 8" and I had it reduced to 7'' and it seemed to work fine granted it was only to a 6 ft pc. I'm concerned about getting 8" flex down and through. Should I be? I had ovalized the 7" pc through the damper opening and this seemed to work.

you should be able to buy more flex and attatch it to the piece that is ovalized. If it worked how you had it it can only get better.

The older Defiant wants 8". 8" insulated flex should make a nice difference in both the draft and cleaner flue.

Status
Not open for further replies.