Linteater or Sooteater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dw06

Nov 15, 2010
SW Pa
OK Did some reading as I want to get something to clean the flue pipe soon. Many here use the linteater and and say it does a great job. I've also found the sooteater for pellet stoves that has the whip cord like weedeater line to do the job. Which is best? Educate me on both, as I'm getting one or the other soon to do a good cleaning of the pipe.
Leaning toward the sooteater for pellet stove, as the rod lockes up better and you can turn it either way and it won't unscrew.

Have a lint-eater for the pellet stoves (love it) but got a soot-eater for the woodstove this year. If the pellet model locks in place like the wood model, then I vote soot-eater. I love the locking system!!

But both will so the job. I know the lint-eater does a fantastic job on regular pellet vent and liners. Not sure how the whipping line would do on a liner??? Eitherway, you cant go wrong.

Dex, yes the locking system is the same. I keep going back and forth between the two, like the looks of the linteater better and as long as you turn it clockwise, can't come unscrewed, so maybe I'm just overthinking it on my part? Now I'm leaning toward the linteater and making sure I don't reverse the drill :cheese:

dw06 said:
......like the looks of the linteater better and as long as you turn it clockwise, can't come unscrewed, so maybe I'm just overthinking it on my part? Now I'm leaning toward the linteater and making sure I don't reverse the drill :cheese:

I was one of the first members to get a lint eater for my pellet stove (after a recommendation from Mike H. at Englander), and it works fantastic. Just keeping the drill going clockwise isn't a big deal.

Hello

Here is a review of the Linteater sold at Ace Hardware for $30.99
Linteater® Dryer Dryer Vent Cleaning System (RLE202) see 1st pic below

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2893251&CAWELAID=109395800
Be careful with this Linteater unit!

You need to be careful with this unit. I lost 6 feet of connecting rods and the 4" brush because if you try to back the unit out using a drill, the connecting rods will unscrew and the unit is now stuck in the dryer vent. I had to take the roof cover off and fish the unit threw. This cost me big [$].

The sooteater in the 2nd pic is made for pellet stoves and seems better.

I have a standard pellet brush and rod from Lowes which also works well for only $10.99 see 3rd pic
http://www.lowes.com/pd_48438-85334-BR0217-C_4294765280_4294933768_?productId=3456444&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL;=/pl_Chimney+Brush_4294765280_4294933768_?Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo;=

Attachments

• Linteater.jpg
    Linteater.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 431
  • Sooteater.jpg
    Sooteater.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 464
  • pellet brush.jpg
    pellet brush.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 431
Status
Not open for further replies.