Liquid dripping from bottom of Enerzone Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson1474

Dec 20, 2015
OTT,Canada
Im using a enerzone solution 1.6, with a blower on the back, and fresh air inlet.
Started up my woodstove the other night, same was as i always do..top to bottom method.
was a little cold, and it smoked quite a bit before it got some draft to pull the smoke up the chimney. Once it got going good, i went upstairs for about a half hour, Came back to find this beside my woodstove,on both sides.
Any ea what caused this?
Im burning ash,maple,birch,and a bit of oak

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1899.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1897.JPG
    IMG_1897.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1899.JPG
    IMG_1899.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 88
Where is it coming from? Except for air inlets the box should be sealed. Maybe the slow start caused smoke to back up into the air intake and it condensed because the stove was still cold? Burning smoke has plenty of water in it. Next time you have poor draft get it going first with some newspaper or something and see if it still happens.

I had the same thing happen when my stove was brand new (blazeking). I called the manufacturer and they said it was probably a pin hole in a weld and suggested I put a small amount of furnace cement in the corner where the welds met. I did it and it solved my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.